Sunday, September 02, 2007

"We Are Going To Hit Iran. Bigtime" Update: The link to the left is no longer good. Apparently this post has been removed from Daily Kos. Why? Here is the google cache.

I have a friend who is an LSO on a carrier attack group that is planning and staging a strike group deployment into the Gulf of Hormuz. (LSO: Landing Signal Officer- she directs carrier aircraft while landing) She told me we are going to attack Iran. She said that all the Air Operation Planning and Asset Tasking are finished. That means that all the targets have been chosen, prioritized, and tasked to specific aircraft, bases, carriers, missile cruisers and so forth.
I asked her about the attack, how limited and so forth.

"I don’t think it’s limited at all. We are shipping in and assigning every damn Tomahawk we have in inventory. I think this is going to be massive and sudden, like thousands of targets. I believe that no American will know when it happens until after it happens. And whatever the consequences, whatever the consequences, they will have to be lived with. I am sure if my father knew I was telling someone in a news organization that we were about to launch a supposedly secret attack that it would be treason. But something inside me tells me to tell it anyway."

I asked her why she was suddenly so cynical.

"I have become cynical only recently. I also don’t believe anyone will be able to stop this. Bush has become something of an Emperor. He will give the command, and cruise missiles will fly and aircraft will fly and people will die, and yet few of us here are really able to cobble together a great explanation of why this is a good idea.
She had to hang up. She left by telling me that she believes the attack is a done deal. "It’s only a matter of time before their orders come and they will be sent to station and told to go to Red Alert.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gary,

Why did this link get removed on DailyKos ? here's what you get if you click on this link:

"Sorry. I can't seem to find that story."

The blogmaster Maccabee gives no clue as to why this post was removed. can you find out?

I thought that this post was fairly accurate but I don't work in the military and don't know anyone who does but in context of all the other "is bush going to attack iran soon" articles appearing in UK newspapers, it looks real.

any thoughts?

thanks

4:54 PM  
Blogger Hyperman said...

Maccabee gave way too much details on his friend, I'm sure they would be able to retrace that person with the level of details he provided. How many "LSO: Landing Signal Officer" do they have out there in the Middle East region ? a hundred ? a thousand ?

What I fear the most about this attack on Iran is how the Russian are going to react. The "Russian bear" has been flexing its muscles recently and I fear Americans who keep their "we won the cold war" mindset forget that Russia is not a defeated weakling anymore and that they have strong geo-political interest in the Middle East too.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gary,

can google do this? remove the cache for this document?

I am still wondering about whether or not to take this post at face value and this was showing up in cache last night but I just tried calling up this and guess what? it's gone:

Your search - cache:rZ7YsL3r5B0J:dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/9/1/183018/1527 Daily Kos: "We Are Going To Hit Iran. Bigtime" - did not match any documents.

whaddya think?

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory