Friday, July 21, 2006

Evangelical nutcase John Hagee on Iran:

“One bomb into Iran’s nuclear plant could start the Holy War, and believe me, that could happen this afternoon. All of the dots connect. Jesus Christ could be here this afternoon – there is nothing to delay his coming. I want all of you to get your eyes not on the cares of the world, but on the coming of Jesus Christ. I could see you in the clouds of Heaven today, and the rest of you will be left behind.”

Conservative weekly Human Events interviewed Hagee, as if he were actually an expert on foreign relations:

How do you know the Iran poses as grave a threat as your book details?

Nothing is known for certain until the lazer guided bunker buster bombs are released and the missiles are launched. My sources in times past have been extremely accurate and their predictions, given to me in April of 2005, have once again come true.
Will a Shiite-led Iraq partner with Iran?

I don't know!
But let's go ahead and start World War 3 because Jesus will return and put everything right!

The Coming Holy War

Several authorities have said Iran could have a nuclear bomb ready by April 2006. If Israel strikes beforehand, there doubtless will be a vast pan-Arabic Islamic army assembled to attack Israel.Once again, Jerusalem has become the target. We are standing on the brink of a nuclear Armageddon
This is from February 2006. These people believe that Iran already has nuclear weapons.

I am quite concerned about the rise of Islamic extremism. This sort of "Christian" extremism is equally troubling, given that apparently they have the ear of prominent Republicans.

1 Comments:

Blogger Real History Lisa said...

You and me both, Gary, re Christian Fundamentalists. I think every kind of black and white thinking frightens me.

And I see Israel's current actions all too clearly as a provocation designed to incite a war with Iran, in which the US would have to step in to "save" Israel. The war drums are beating. And the media is falling for it, AGAIN.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory